This Privacy Statement explains the approach taken by "Áras Chrónáin Ionad Cultúir" (collectively, "we" or "us") toward the personal information and data about you ("Your Information") that we collect when you use this Website. It does not apply to information we collect in other ways e.g. when you are dealing with our staff in Áras Chrónáin Ionad Cultúir or over the telephone. In these cases, there may be other statements and terms and conditions that are applicable. This Privacy Statement is also limited to information and data collected on this Website. There are links from this Website to other parts of the Internet that we do not operate or control and our Privacy Statement does not apply when you leave our Website.
You consent to our use of your information and cookies
What information do we collect about you?
- Allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled so that we will know whether data can be collected from your web browser.
- Temporarily identify you after you have logged in to a secure page on our Website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
- Temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our Website to avoid having to re-enter that information. These cookies do not collect or store your name, address or other personal information. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to 'not accept' cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you do this you may find that certain features on our Website, including Online Banking, do not work properly.
- Store your selected login preferences so you do not have to re-select that option when you return to the Website.
- Track your visits to our Website and recognise your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on the number of new and repeat visitors and evaluate site effectiveness.
- Temporarily store information on your link preferences and your movement between web pages to help us to improve the Website and provide a more useful experience.
There are sections of the Website where we ask for personal information, for example, when you complete online forms to apply for a particular product or service or if you register to use our secure online services such as Online Banking. Please ensure you also read the Terms and Conditions applicable to these product and services.
How we use your information
We will always treat Your Information as confidential. We will use good practices to keep it secure and will otherwise abide by the relevant data protection and privacy laws. Please ensure you also read the Terms and Conditions applicable to these product and services.
We do not use information collected on this Website for marketing purposes but your Information may be used to inform you about other products and services that may be of interest. In certain jurisdictions, your consent will be required before we can do this.
Privacy, security and communications using the internet
The Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorised third parties. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold. Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. As a result, we do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of Your Information in connection with its transmission over the Internet. In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorised activities, we reserve the right to monitor all Internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of our domains.
Changes to our privacy statement
We update our Privacy Statement from time to time and you should regularly check this Website to make sure you are familiar with the most recent version.
ÁRAS CHRÓNÁIN IONAD CULTÚIR: RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY AND WE ARE COMMITTED TO KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA CONFIDENTIAL AND SECURE.